Last Updated: Apr 02nd, 2019
About Digital East
Digital East is a provider of a data driven advertising platform. By using Digital East’s Demand-Side Platform (DSP), advertisers have efficient access to the worldwide media landscape. With its capabilities to target and understand digital audiences, Digital East’s platform takes advertising to the next level.
Digital East’s Demand-Side Platform
Our platform provides tools for advertisers, or media buyers, to purchase digital ad space on desktop websites, mobile sites and applications. To accomplish these goals, advertisers and media buyers use our platform to engage in a variety of techniques, including interest-based advertising, real-time (programmatic) advertising, contextual and location-based advertising. Our platform also provides advertisers and media buyers other tools, such as the ability to measure how effective their ads were. It is designed to make the buying of ad space seamless.
Digital East and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We have both implemented and regularly update organizational, technical and operational measures to ensure compliance with applicable provisions on data protection and data security by Digital East and as well contracted 3rd party providers. (Art. 32 GDPR)
Definition of personal information under GDPR
As defined in Art.4 No. 1 of the GDPR, personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, which could be used to obtain personal or factual details about the data subject (such as name, address, telephone number, date of birth or e-mail address). Information that cannot (directly or indirectly) be associated with a natural person, for example, anonymous information, is not personal information.
Information we collect
Although you may access part of our online content without providing any personal information, when you visit or use our DSP, we may collect the following information:
– Personal information you choose to provide to us such as your name, company, mailing address, phone number and email address. You voluntarily provide this information, for example, when you make requests for information or assistance, or register to our platform and services.
– Technical pseudonymous information including, but not limited to, browser type, IP address, mobile device type and identifier, screen resolution, operating system, the date and time of a visit or use, the pages visited on this Site and areas accessed in the Platform, the time spent viewing the platform, and return visits to the Platform.
– Aggregated information as you and others browse and use our DSP.
– Our customer’s digital ad campaigns settings and preferences, advertisement media such as banners, tags and videos and historical performance.
– If necessary, we may collect payment and payment instrument information from you for the purpose of billing you for products and services you purchase through our DSP.
Uses of information
We may use the information we collect from you for purposes such as:
– To respond to your inquires and requests;
– To allow you to register to our services, open an account and log into our Platform;
– To operate our platform and improve your experience;
– To purchase on your behalf digital ad space with publishers such as websites, mobile sites and applications via 3rd party Supply-Side Platforms, Ad Networks and similar suppliers.
– To provide our customers with rich and detailed key performance indicators of their ad campaigns and use of their budget on our platform;
– To conduct research about your use of the Platform and our services;
– For the purpose of billing our customers for products and services they purchase through us;
– To identify or remediate possible threats to the Site’s security; To effectuate your opt-out choices;
– For any other purpose specified at time of collection.
Use of information provided to us by 3rd parties
As an ad-tech platform, Digital East may collect and process data for several purposes. Pseudonymous bidding information is provided to us by 3rd party Ad-Networks and Supply-Side Platforms during the real time bidding (RTB) cycle for ad space. This is a necessary and integral part of our services and done on behalf of our customers. The information provided to us by 3rd parties during the bidding process varies depending on the supplier. It usually includes:
– IP address
– User Agent
– Device Location data
– Device ID’s (e.g. IDFA / AdID)
– Demographic s
This information is processed in real time only for ad selection purposes, and if temporarily stored, this is done for very short periods of time and only for as long as it is necessary to provide service to our customers such as: setting optimal bid price for specific ad space on behalf of our customers, to improve our algorithms and improve campaign performance, learn the data to serve more suitable ads, analytics and reporting, billing and conciliation purposes with our customer’s and supply chain. In any case, this information will not include PIIs.
Analytics, operational and research services
Sharing information with third parties
We may share information on your behalf with service providers who may assist us in responding to your inquiries or requests, or otherwise perform some business or operational function for us. This includes, but it is not limited to:
– Publishers such as websites, mobile sites and applications via 3rd party Supply-Side Platforms and Ad Networks etc., information such as campaign settings and preferences, advertising media and bidding price, in order for us to purchase digital ad space on our customer’s behalf.
– Lawyers, accountants, digital service, software provides etc.
– Onedigitalad Technologies Ltd (our daughter company).
We may also disclose personal information about you if required to do so by law, including without limitation, by search warrant, subpoena or court order; to protect our and third party rights; and for purposes disclosed at time of collection.
Outside of the aforementioned cases, your data is not forwarded to any third parties and, your information is solely stored in our databases and servers (or on the servers of third-party providers). We would like to emphasize that data will only be shared where necessary and to the minimal required extent, in order to provide our customers with the services they require.
Links to third-party sites
We take all reasonable measures to help maintain data we collect through our DSP in a secure manner. This will be done according to the highest industry norms and standards. If you wish to register as an of our Platform and open a user account, we encourage you to choose, for your own safety, a strong secure and secret password in order to ensure your data’s confidentiality. Your password is transmitted to and stored on our servers in encrypted form. If you wish to delete your account, please contact us at email@example.com. Sometimes, for legal reasons, deletion is not possible. In this case, access to the data in question will be blocked. Please note, however, that we will not be able to continue offering some or all of the services provided on our Platform in the event that your data is deleted or blocked.
Rights of the “Data Subject” under GDPR regulation
According to the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you:
– Have the right to request access to your personal data (Art. 15) as well as rectification (Art. 16), erasure (Art. 17) or at least restriction of processing (Art. 18) of your personal data.
– Have the right to data portability (Art. 20).
– Have the right to revoke any consent given to the processing of personal data at any time (Art. 7).
– Have the right to object to processing based on the balancing of legitimate interests (Art. 21(4) GDPR).
– In addition, you have the right to appeal to the competent data protection supervisory authority.